Using the SaaSphalt Crew Leader AppUnfollow
The SaaSphalt Crew Leader (or My Work Order) app is a specialized tool to be used daily by your employees in the field to organize crews, view work orders for the day, and other job-based activities (such as directions to the job site and time/material tracking of a current job). While the core SaaSphalt program allows a user to do all of these tasks in one way or another, the SaaSphalt Crew Leader app is meant to be a more streamlined and less expensive way of doing all this.
How is it more streamlined and less expensive? The way the default SaaSphalt works is that an employee records all the job information (such as start and stop times, material usage, etc...) and then submits it to another employee. This person, usually an office/payroll manager, then has to manually input the information. This is an example of double-data entry, which costs your business time and, more importantly, money. To avoid this, you could have your crew leaders/employees as full SaaSphalt users. But, based on the size of your workforce, this can quickly get expensive as well. The SaaSphalt Crew Leader app allows the on-site employee to enter the information as it is happening in real time.
What's more, jobs can be added to a crew's daily tasks and the job appears directly in their list. For those in the office, it means the job can get assigned right away after entering it. And for those in the field, it means no more work stoppage to answer a phone call and write down all the job information.
Adding/Changing Crew Members:
- Start by clicking on the My Work Orders app tile.
- Click Add Crew Members.
- Select a crew member from the Crew Member dropdown list.
- To add only the one crew member and return click Save & Close. To add more than one crew member, click Add Additional Crew Members instead and then select another crew member from the list. Repeat as necessary.
Note: To remove a crew member, simply Check the box next to their name in the list and Click Remove Selected Crew Members.
- Once all the crew members have been added, click Save & Continue.
- Click on the My Work Orders app tile.
- Click on Change Crew Members.
- Follow the same procedure to add/remove crew members as above.
Once you have selected a crew and saved anytime you click My Work Orders you will see the Work Order List screen. From here your crew leaders can view todays jobs as well as keep track of time and material tracking.
- Click on the My Work Orders app tile
- Click on the job you wish to start working on. By default, these will be in the order they are scheduled on the Work Orders for SaaSphalt app. For more information on assigning and scheduling work orders, see Scheduling an Accepted Proposalin the Using SaaSphalt section of the Help Center.
- From the View Work Order screen you can do a few different things.
- Click on the Address to view the address using Google Maps
- Click on the Phone Number to call that number
- Click on a specific Job Item associated with that job to track time or material used for a job. These items are based on the Job Formulas from the Proposals. For more information on proposals, see Adding a Proposal to a Customer's Account under Building Your SaaSphalt in the Getting Started section of the Help Center.
- From the View Work Order screen, click on a labor item in the list.
- In the Clock In/Out screen you can choose to:
- Click Clock Crew In. This will create a new time tracking entry for each crew member.
- Click Clock Single Person In. This will bring you to the Clock Single Person In screen where you select a name from the Select Employee dropdown and then click Clock In to create a new time tracking entry for this crew member.
- Once crew members have been clocked in, the Clock Crew In button changes to Clock Everyone Out. Doing so finishes the time tracking entry for each crew member by setting the stop time.
- Click Clock Single Person Out. This will bring you to the Clock Single Person Out screen where you can click on an entry in the list to finish the time tracking entry for the selected crew member.
- From the View Work Order screen, click on an inventory item in the list.
- Enter the amount of material used in the Qty Used text box.
- Click Save.
Once you have completed all the tasks for the job. Simply click Mark As Complete and the job status will be set to "Complete" and you will be brought back to the Work Order List screen, ready to start the next job!