Now that you’ve added users to your SaaSphalt account, it’s time to take a look at their individual settings. This document will show you the user settings you can influence as an administrator.
Editing User Settings
This will require administrative access, otherwise the User option will be disabled. You will still be able to manage your own user settings!
- From your SaaSphalt dashboard, click the Blue Circle icon and choose Account Settings.
- Scroll down the left side and click Users to bring up your Existing Users List. This list shows you, by default, all the active users who can log into your SaaSphalt account.
- Click the user you’d like to update. This brings up the Edit User screen for this user.
The next steps are divided into three sections.
- Manage user permissions and subscriptions: This link opens the Manage User Permissions screen. For information on that screen, see Managing user permissions.
- Activate or deactivate the user:
- If a user is active, they can use SaaSphalt and will appear in dropdown lists.
- If a user is inactive, they cannot log into SaaSphalt, and will not appear as active in Method. They are still listed on your Existing Users List when you filter for inactive users.
- Change their user name: The name used to assign activities and other work to this user. A user cannot change their own User name: it can only be done through this Admin screen.
- Associate the user with a QuickBooks Entity: Linking a SaaSphalt user with a QuickBooks employee means you can assign customers and leads to that user.
In QuickBooks Desktop, this is particularly helpful because it associates that SaaSphalt user to a Sales Rep.
- Set your user’s email address: Where activity notifications from SaaSphalt are sent.
- Create an email signature: Often contains company information like an office phone number and website. Typically used when users send emails through SaaSphalt.
- Change the user’s email settings: By default, these settings are set to use your company's settings. If you choose to change them, you’re prompted to include more information.
For more details on setting up email settings, see Specify Email Provider.
- The email reminders and SMS alerts remind users of activitesassigned to them. If you check these boxes, the user will receive a notification 15 minutes before the activity is scheduled to begin.
If you send SMS alerts, you must enter the user’s mobile phone number and service provider. Depending on their mobile plan, standard carrier rates may apply.
- User allowed to connect to Method API: turn this user’s access to Method’s API on and off.
Connecting to Method’s API gives a user access to third-party applications like the Report Designer. If this user isn’t allowed to access the API, they won’t be able to use those applications.
- Share All Records for grids: Allows the user to see records assigned to other users. For more information, see Restricting what users see.